
I'm well aware this is an easy out...I've pretty much perfected this recipe, but since I volunteered to cook dinner for a dear family of four with kiddies, this was an obvious choice. So easy and definitely a crowd pleaser!
Ingredients
16 oz. ziti pasta
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
italian seasoning to taste
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preparation
* Preheat oven to 350.
* Prepare pasta according to package directions for "al dente."
* In a large bowl, combine ricotta & 1 cup mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and 1/4 cup parm.
* Add cooked pasta and 1.5 cups of the sauce.
* Coat the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan with sauce and top with the ziti mixture.
* Top with the remaining sauce. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the sauce.
* Cover with foil, and bake 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
* Let the baked ziti rest 10 minutes before serving.
Lessons Learned
(1) If you're a lactard, steer clear!
(2) This is extremely cheesy. I use part skim or 2% cheese when available, but I honestly think you can cut back on the ricotta if you're trying to slim down
(3) Don't ever trust your pals to step in and concoct this delicious dish -- they add an extra 2-3 cups of cheese (which of course is scrumptious, but definitely not waistline approved!)
Final Tally
Cost - $15
Servings - 6-8
Unit Price - approx $2.20/serving
Damage Done - nada. May be the only full proof recipe in my repertoire.
Outcome: CHEESE-A-LICIOUS
No comments:
Post a Comment